Sunday, March 20, 2011

Morib

Few weeks ago, we went back to my 'kampung', which in actual fact, no one longer lives there.

It is infact an old house; left alone, but still standing tall.

p/s-note the black shadow on the top-right? yeah, something has definitely gone wromg with my lense lately.

*****


Ok, back to the red & yellow house (Red Giant la kunun, hehe).

So, this is where I grown up, till I'm 5.

In short, I stayed with my nenek (granny) till I'm ready for preschool.

I cant really recall, but basically I was brought here eversince I got discharged from Assunta Hosp., hehe


My parents will visit me, my younger bro, granny & atuk each week, without failed.

I was at times, coming to KL-but will always ask granny to go back to our 'home' in Morib.


Well, the whole surrounding was my playground basically. But my fav spot of coz - bawah rumah, coz it's sheltered, so, its a bit cooling, wahhhh...


Nenek will be upstairs, whilst me n bro played at the 'bawah rumah' as we refused to 'naik atas'.

So, granny will always remind us - if kids are all alone downstairs, nanti ada benggali will come & tangkap budak, coz he wanted the kids' heads.

wahhhh, each time, we got reminded, sure naik atas punyalahh, hehe.


View from the house, facing the trail n the trunk road.


Yes, i used to ran there as well,..lot of mosquitoes back then, huh!


Nice sunny weather-so my camera managed to get few goods pics.

******


Actually my mum arranged for a kenduri that day- few doas for the owner of the house-my late granny n atuk. I couldnt lie, but did wept, while reciting the yassin. Yup, I miss them both.


Granny was the one clipped my nails, I was the one menyebok in the bathroom, whilst she's doing her laundries. She's the one who sew my baju kurung...and so on..

And atuk, he taught me a lot of english words, especially the things surrounding our home.

And, we played n laughed really loud, until kena marah with nenek, hehe.

How could I forgot that.

******** Now, these are the later generations

My granny was only got to know my first girl, till she's five - her great grandchild.

As for the rest, she dont even got the chance to meet them.


My mum renovated part of the house, few years back. Basically, only the living room & 2 bedrooms remain. The centre part of the house & the kitchen have been renovated.

************


Here we are at the living room.

These are part of my mum's family the other day, which almost half of it, esp. the younger generation, the owner of the house were never even met.

In short, this meetings is almost 30 years, since our last family gathering here.

Can u imagine that?

No comments: